The Roanoke-Blacksburg Technology Council (RBTC) is seeking a talented individual to serve as the Director of the RAMP Accelerator. RAMP is located in downtown Roanoke in a historic building under renovation through a public-private partnership, in close proximity to the Virginia Tech Carilion Health Sciences and Technology Campus and located in the Roanoke Health Sciences and Technology Innovation Corridor. RAMP and its Director will play an integral part in accelerating three to five technology or life science focused companies per year to a venture fundable stage. The position will report to the CEO of the RBTC. With support of the RAMP Advisory Board, the RAMP Director will make an important contribution to a growing regional business community.
- Manage and coordinate overall day to day operations of the accelerator program and key program initiatives including mentoring, financial management, funding, networking, and education.
- Work with the RBTC CEO and RAMP Advisory Board to establish a five-year RAMP strategic plan, focus on established priorities, and keep the CEO and Board informed about progress towards plan milestones.
- Support the RBTC CEO in leading and collaborating on regional start-up and accelerator efforts to strengthen the regional ecosystem.
- Coordinate with partners to develop RAMP programming and to support regional start-up and innovation programming.
- Manage the accelerator recruitment and screening process including marketing to potential members, selection criteria development, initial screening, competetive selection process, and review of candidates.
- Manage the mentor recruitment and screening process including indentifying potential mentors, selection criteria development, initial screening, selection process, and review of mentors.
- Insure appropriate services and support are provided to assist venture fundable startups participating in the accelerator program.
- Assist with grant applications and report out on required grant metrics.